FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TARGET LOGISTICS-LED INDUSTRY COALITION SUPPORTS
FORT MCMURRAY FIRE
Workforce housing providers unite to assist evacuees, first responders and government
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – May 10, 2016 – As the wildfires ravaged the Fort McMurray region last week, an assembly of workforce accommodations providers and producers worked diligently aligning resources and collaborating with the municipality and government agencies with one goal in mind – to support the evacuation and emergency management effort in any way possible.
Prior to evacuation notices issued May 4 and 5, workforce lodges operating on the Highway 881 corridor south of Anzac stretching all of the way to Conklin were open and accepting those both evacuating as well as mobilizing to the region to lend support. With evacuation orders still in place today, many lodges remain closed but the communication and coordination continue.
“The way our industry has pulled together in such a short timeframe has been astounding. We remain in constant contact with each other, with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo and the provincial government as this crisis continues,” says Target Logistics’ Troy Schrenk, who was on the phone with the municipality and providers as the first alarms sounded. “Our commitment to this community is unrelenting and we will continue to do everything possible to help get it back going again.”
Anyone in need should follow instructions from the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo and Alberta Emergency Management.
Whom to Contact
- If you’re an evacuee and haven’t yet registered with the Red Cross, here’s where you can do that.
- If you’re trying to find a loved one or need evacuation information, you can call the regional municipality at (780) 762-3636 or the Red Cross at (888) 350-6070.
- Facebook also activated its safety-check feature for the Fort McMurray fire, an option for those who want to reassure their family and friends that they’re okay.
What about Pets?
- The SPCA is asking pet owners who’ve left their animals behind to register online so they can be rescued. Here’s the regional municipality’s page for requesting an emergency pet rescue, and a crowdfunded map showing where lost animals have been reported.
How to Offer Help
- Money: Click here to donate to the Red Cross. You can also donate $5 by texting “REDCROSS” to 30333. The Alberta and federal governments have said they’ll match private donations to the Red Cross.
- Supplies: Here’s a crowdsourced Facebook page to connect Fort McMurray residents needing items with volunteers providing them.
About Target Logistics
About Target Logistics
Target Logistics, an Algeco Scotsman company, is one of the largest providers of turnkey housing solutions in North America. It operates globally in some of the most remote environments, supporting oil, gas and mining with workforce housing, mobile crew camps and extended-stay hotels; government departments and organizations with temporary lodging and refugee integration; and capital projects. Target Logistics was named by Inc. magazine in 2012 and 2013 as one of “America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies.” Visit www.targetlogistics.net or call (800) 832-4242.
Randy E. Pruett
Pierpont Communications for Target Logistics
(214) 217-7300 (Office) / (214) 505-1685 (Mobile)